The newly updated user manual for Betradar Ctrl is now available! We did a little clean up, shortened paragraphs down to essential information and replaced some longer texts with bullet points to improve the effeciency and the look & feel of this document.
We hope you find answers to your question now quicker, no matter if you try via the Ctrl Tutorial Section checking the full document or you use our Knowledgebase in Ctrl, which will get updated in a weeks time from now, where you will be able to key search in the July 2019 version of the manual.
Major sections we have added to the manual are:
- Live Odds Configuration – Explains the new sections where templates and feed options for the Live Odds Service can be set up and edited
- Outrights Configuration – Improved explanation
- Settlements – The new tool to be released in September 2019, where users can settle markets earlier or different than Betradar or cancel and void bets on event and market level
- Permissible Pairs – A functionality for 2-outcome markets to configure margins with odds pairs instead of odds keys
PS :Inside Ctrl Unavailable
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the temporary downtime of this site in recent days. InsideCtrl is up again since this morning and will continue using this blog to inform about feature releases, news on our strategy with the product and the decommission plan for the legacy feeds.
For those of you who have been directed to the disabled site in recent days, please also check our updated roadmap for the upcoming months we sent out in the previous post.
We have now posted up a our new roadmap to provide an overview of features, markets and sports we plan to deliver until March 2020. Besides our own perspective on what should come next, we have in recent months collected feedback from our customers to understand their needs . We hope you like our plan and find many attractive innovations and extensions to our bet offer on this list.
Today we released another thrilling feature on Betradar Ctrl!
The Permissible Pair Ladders are odds pairs customers can assign to markets with two outcomes, instead of assigning a classic odds key to determine the margin.
“Home” odds = A and “Away” odds = B if A-B is a pair in the Permissible Pair Ladder.
You now control your odds with fixed pairs of odds values.
In the match detail view you can click on the “PP” icon to open a pop-up with a link to directly open the Ladders Configuration and view the odds pairs.
In the configuration section in Ctrl every 2-outcome market has a prominent toggle. Below you can see that the Totals market is still set to use Odds Keys, but the Handicap market has been altered to use “PP” Ladders.
By creating odds pairs with varying margins you can now be more aggressive on the most balanced line and more conservative on lines more distant to this central or main line, referring to the concept of US “Cent Lines” or “Malayan Odds”.
To upload your customized Odds Pairs Ladder please send us your file in decimal odds format, preferably in Excel, and we upload it to your Ctrl account. Ladder values can be up to 10 decimal places for a more accurate conversion to regional odds formats.
in case of any questions please contact email@example.com
Dear valued UOF Customer,
The support for the Ctrl embedded LO config has been enabled as default today, June 18th 2019 at 07:00 UTC, for all Unified Odds Feed customers.
Please ensure that your Live Odds service works properly after this change.
- The activation takes around 15 minutes to affect all tournaments and matches which are configured by a Ctrl Live Odds template.
- If no template is assigned to a match at production start (15 min prior to KO), we threat this as “disabled” and no odds will be sent via UOF, regardless if a template is assigned during the match
- Matches which are configured in Betradar.com will still receive the odds via the legacy xml feed if this feed is still active for this account.
In case you experience any difficulties please contact
Dear valued UOF Customer,
The support for the Ctrl embedded LO config will be enabled as default from 18th June 2019 at 07:00 UTC for all Unified Odds feed customers.
Please ensure that you finalise your Live Odds configuration within our Ctrl-embedded configuration system, assign all relevant tournaments and activate all desired markets before this date.
Please note: The Unified Odds Feed message delivery will stop on 18th June 2019 at 07:00 UTC for all markets which are not activated within your Ctrl templates.
Dear valued UOF Customer,
We would like to draw your attention to the important changes to our Unified Odds Feed delivery. Please take the necessary steps below to avoid any service disruption.
Since 8th April 2019, our Unified Odds Feed customers have been able to activate backend support for the Ctrl-embedded Live Odds configuration. Once activated, this will disable the betradar.com legacy Live Odds configuration in the Unified Odds Feed and the Ctrl template configuration will be applied. This support will be enabled as default from
18th June 2019
for all Unified Odds Feed customers. To ensure a smooth transition, please ensure that you finalise your Live Odds configuration within our Ctrl-embedded configuration system, assign all relevant tournaments and activate all desired markets before this date.
In case you need help setting the configuration up correctly please visit the Ctrl Embedded Live Odds Configuration_Starting Guide
Please note that message delivery will stop on 18th June 2019 for all markets which are not activated within your Ctrl templates.
The 1ST HALF TOTAL market (UOF ID 68) is now an additional model driver in Ctrl.
Due to various internal checks and customer feedbacks we realized, that it was not possible to be in line with the betting market’s 1st Half Totals when they were inanimately linked to the TOTAL (INCL. OVERTIME) within our Betradar odds model. Often the Fulltime Total, especially in USA > NBA matches are not evenly distributed across both halves and so 1st Half Total becomes an anomaly.
Therefore the Betradar Odds Model has now been updated for our Betradar Odds Suggestions to include 1st Half Total as a model driver and the same functionality has been added when your traders change odds on Basketball totals in Ctrl .
Please be ware, that due to this logic change, making odds changes to the market TOTAL (INCL. OVERTIME) will no longer change the 1st Half Total. The 1st Half Total is now itself a driver for other related markets, (e.g.) for other first half markets, for 2nd half markets and for the quarter markets.
We are sure this change will increase the quality of our odds suggestions we send you, but also improve your traders flexibility on finding the right odds and lines on all Basketball events.
We are happy to announce that by Saturday May 11th 2019 the Integration Environment will be opened up for weekend hours. It is then available 24 hours on 5 days a week and partly available over the weekend, interrupted by scheduled downtimes during Saturday 14:00-16:00 and 20:00-22:00, Sunday 0:00 – 2:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 UTC.
By increasing this availability we give your Unified Odds Feed integration teams utmost flexibility to test your implementation.
In recent weeks our Support, Sales Representatives and Integration Managers collected a number of questions you had about the integration and migration to the Unified Odds Feed. We now prepared a Frequently Asked Questions list for you. We hope the below answers will give you a very good idea what the migration is all about and how you can complete it in a fast and efficient manner.
- Q: What is the Legacy Feed and what is UOF? A: The Legacy Feed is the old xml odds feeds clients have and are currently using. This includes our Odds Suggestions, Event Creation (Fixtures Service) and Results product. The UOF is the Unified Odds Feed, our brand-new feed which delivers data in a much faster way and easier to integrate all our products going forward.
- Q: Why do I need to switch to the Unified Odds Feed when the Legacy Feed does the job perfectly? A: There are two reasons, 1) We are planning on decommissioning the Legacy Feed. 2) The Unified Odds Feed is the future and offers many technical advantages while ensuring access to our entire suite of Betradar products and all new sports and markets we are continually adding exclusively on UOF.
- Q: So, when does the Legacy Feed stop working? A: The Legacy Feed will finally be decommissioned on August 31st 2020. Although after March 31st 2020 we will stop making any improvements or carry out bug fixes to this feed.
- Q: The feed is pretty new, is it stable? A: The UOF has been on the market for almost two years and around 120 customers are using it on production. It is stable, quick and has been running perfectly for many months.
- Q: Which services are part of the UOF? A:Will Live Data become part of the UOF? A: All our products with odds are provided via UOF, that’s Pre-Match Odds, Live Odds, Betpal, Premium Cricket, Esports, Numbers Betting, Player Markets, Custom Bet, Rapid Markets, Virtual Sports. Live Data will not be on the UOF.
- Q: Do I have to make multiple integrations for Pre-match and Live? A: No, this is why it’s called “Unified”. After you have integrated the UOF feed structure once, it is very easy to add all of our odds products: Pre-match, Live Odds but also Virtuals, Betpal, Premium Cricket…
- Q: How can i start the Integration? A: Contact your Sales Representative who will request your integration account. You will receive login data, connect to the feed, study the documentation and join our Integration Program which guides you through the process. Please check point 2 in the UOF Quick Start Guide.
- Q: How long will it take and what do I have to consider for planning? A: The average integration time is 2 months for pre-match and live odds services if you use our .net or java SDKs. The summer of 2019 is perfect as there are no big sporting tournaments. Don’t wait too long!
- Q: Which technology UOF is build on? Is it available over FTP, HTTP or SOAP? A: The UOF consists of two parts for requesting and transmitting data. One part is an API, which is used for querying for data and subscribing to updates from one or more of the producers. The other part is an AMQP xml messaging server which will push subscribed changes to you.
- Q: Do I really need to use an SDK? A: It is much easier and faster to integrate with the SDK. Integration time without SDK is, on average, 25 weeks due to its complexity. Please check UOF Quick Start Guide
- Q: What is this Integration Program you keep mentioning? A: We give you direct chat access to an experienced integration manager. They will guide you through a 4-sprint process, complete with progress reviews, and will be on hand to answer any questions that you may have. The program will lead to a fast and robust integration. Contact your sales representative and they can get you started. Please check also Integration Process Introduction
- Q: Can I get the chat channel support without the program? A: The chat support is only available once you have joined the Integration Program. If you cannot follow the integration program format, you can always receive email help by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: What is the Integration Environment my UOF account is created on? A: It’s a different system than the Production Environment, but they are almost the same. The Integration Environment is available 24 hours on 5 days a week and partly available over the weekend, interrupted by scheduled downtimes, during Saturday 14:00-16:00 and 20:00-22:00, Sunday 0:00 – 2:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 UTC. The live odds data is 1 minute delayed, but it’s perfect for integration work. Please check point 9 in the Quick Start Guide.
- Q: What about weekends, why are there downtimes? A: There is weekend access with scheduled downtimes (see 13.), but we provide a Replay Server which is using a default configuration and you can trigger matches and messages from there which derive from 48 hours earlier. As a result, some tools may be unavailable. Please check point 12 in the Quick Start Guide.
- Q: Will betradar.com be the backpanel for UOF or is there any other interface? A: The new Betradar platform “Ctrl” will be your new backpanel. Please request introduction and training from your Sales Representative and check our Ctrl Blog https://insidectrl.com/
- Q: Can I keep my old Betradar.com account? A: When you have finished the integration, we will set up your existing production account currently on the legacy feed to also work with the Unified Odds Feed. For a short transition period you can run both feeds on that account until you are ready to switch off the “old” Legacy Feed.
- Q: Can I keep my old Betradar.com settings? A: Some of the settings can be copied such as the bookmaker list you use for alerts. The odds key configuration unfortunately cannot be copied, as it follows a completely new and much more effective template concept. But it’s easy to set up and much less work then doing the configuration on Betradar.com, just ask us for assistance if you need help.
- Q: What about all the market IDs, will they change? A: The legacy feed market IDs are different from the Unified Odds Feed IDs. But you can easily call the API to view the mapping, or download an XLS version from our documentation page.
- Q: And match and tournament IDs, will they change? A: No, don’t worry they remain the same.
- Q: Can I go on production without any testing? A:We give you a free-of-charge integration review, or even a Certification of your integration. Once you have completed either of these, we promote your account to production access. Please also check point 13 in Quick Start Guide.
- Q: What about MTS? A: If you are an existing MTS customer on our legacy feed you also have to migrate to Unified Odds Feed. After that, your Unified Odds Feed integration will be connected with the MTS system. You have to change market IDs and adjust the format of the event IDs and complete a UOF certification. If you are a new customer then you also first integrate UOF and then with the MTS system.
- Q: We are operating via a Legacy Feed integrated platform, do I need to worry? A: Please make sure this platform is integrating the UOF or plans to do so before the decommission date. When we switch off the Legacy Feed this will also disconnect platforms on the Legacy Feed from all our odds services.
In case you find some of your questions still unanswered, please contact email@example.com and we will assist you and also add your question to this list.
Dear valued customer,
We would like to draw your attention to an important announcement regarding the decommissioning of the Sportradar Legacy Feeds.
After March 31st 2020 the Legacy Feeds will enter Non-Maintenance Mode. This means that they will continue to run, but we stop minor bug fixes or adding improvements to them.
On August 31st 2020, the old feeds will be decommissioned. If you have not integrated to the Unified Odds Feed (UOF) by this time, our service will stop and you will not be able to receive Betradar content.
For a detailed overview of the service changes, please see the below document.
Legacy Feed Announcement
If you have any questions regarding our latest customer information, please do not hesitate to contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding commercial matters, please contact email@example.com.
Managing Director – Odds Services