In recent weeks our Support, Sales Representatives and Integration Managers collected a number of questions you had about the integration and migration to the Unified Odds Feed. We now prepared a Frequently Asked Questions list for you. We hope the below answers will give you a very good idea what the migration is all about and how you can complete it in a fast and efficient manner.
- Q: What is the Legacy Feed and what is UOF? A: The Legacy Feed is the old xml odds feeds clients have and are currently using. This includes our Odds Suggestions, Event Creation (Fixtures Service) and Results product. The UOF is the Unified Odds Feed, our brand-new feed which delivers data in a much faster way and easier to integrate all our products going forward.
- Q: Why do I need to switch to the Unified Odds Feed when the Legacy Feed does the job perfectly? A: There are two reasons, 1) We are planning on decommissioning the Legacy Feed. 2) The Unified Odds Feed is the future and offers many technical advantages while ensuring access to our entire suite of Betradar products and all new sports and markets we are continually adding exclusively on UOF.
- Q: So, when does the Legacy Feed stop working? A: The Legacy Feed will finally be decommissioned on August 31st 2020. Although after March 31st 2020 we will stop making any improvements or carry out bug fixes to this feed.
- Q: The feed is pretty new, is it stable? A: The UOF has been on the market for almost two years and around 120 customers are using it on production. It is stable, quick and has been running perfectly for many months.
- Q: Which services are part of the UOF? A:Will Live Data become part of the UOF? A: All our products with odds are provided via UOF, that’s Pre-Match Odds, Live Odds, Betpal, Premium Cricket, Esports, Numbers Betting, Player Markets, Custom Bet, Rapid Markets, Virtual Sports. Live Data will not be on the UOF.
- Q: Do I have to make multiple integrations for Pre-match and Live? A: No, this is why it’s called “Unified”. After you have integrated the UOF feed structure once, it is very easy to add all of our odds products: Pre-match, Live Odds but also Virtuals, Betpal, Premium Cricket…
- Q: How can i start the Integration? A: Contact your Sales Representative who will request your integration account. You will receive login data, connect to the feed, study the documentation and join our Integration Program which guides you through the process. Please check point 2 in the UOF Quick Start Guide.
- Q: How long will it take and what do I have to consider for planning? A: The average integration time is 2 months for pre-match and live odds services if you use our .net or java SDKs. The summer of 2019 is perfect as there are no big sporting tournaments. Don’t wait too long!
- Q: Which technology UOF is build on? Is it available over FTP, HTTP or SOAP? A: The UOF consists of two parts for requesting and transmitting data. One part is an API, which is used for querying for data and subscribing to updates from one or more of the producers. The other part is an AMQP xml messaging server which will push subscribed changes to you.
- Q: Do I really need to use an SDK? A: It is much easier and faster to integrate with the SDK. Integration time without SDK is, on average, 25 weeks due to its complexity. Please check UOF Quick Start Guide
- Q: What is this Integration Program you keep mentioning? A: We give you direct chat access to an experienced integration manager. They will guide you through a 4-sprint process, complete with progress reviews, and will be on hand to answer any questions that you may have. The program will lead to a fast and robust integration. Contact your sales representative and they can get you started. Please check also Integration Process Introduction
- Q: Can I get the chat channel support without the program? A: The chat support is only available once you have joined the Integration Program. If you cannot follow the integration program format, you can always receive email help by contacting email@example.com.
- Q: What is the Integration Environment my UOF account is created on? A: It’s a different system than the Production Environment, but they are almost the same. The Integration Environment is available 24 hours on 5 days a week and partly available over the weekend, interrupted by scheduled downtimes, during Saturday 14:00-16:00 and 20:00-22:00, Sunday 0:00 – 2:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 UTC. The live odds data is 1 minute delayed, but it’s perfect for integration work. Please check point 9 in the Quick Start Guide.
- Q: What about weekends, why are there downtimes? A: There is weekend access with scheduled downtimes (see 13.), but we provide a Replay Server which is using a default configuration and you can trigger matches and messages from there which derive from 48 hours earlier. As a result, some tools may be unavailable. Please check point 12 in the Quick Start Guide.
- Q: Will betradar.com be the backpanel for UOF or is there any other interface? A: The new Betradar platform “Ctrl” will be your new backpanel. Please request introduction and training from your Sales Representative and check our Ctrl Blog https://insidectrl.com/
- Q: Can I keep my old Betradar.com account? A: When you have finished the integration, we will set up your existing production account currently on the legacy feed to also work with the Unified Odds Feed. For a short transition period you can run both feeds on that account until you are ready to switch off the “old” Legacy Feed.
- Q: Can I keep my old Betradar.com settings? A: Some of the settings can be copied such as the bookmaker list you use for alerts. The odds key configuration unfortunately cannot be copied, as it follows a completely new and much more effective template concept. But it’s easy to set up and much less work then doing the configuration on Betradar.com, just ask us for assistance if you need help.
- Q: What about all the market IDs, will they change? A: The legacy feed market IDs are different from the Unified Odds Feed IDs. But you can easily call the API to view the mapping, or download an XLS version from our documentation page.
- Q: And match and tournament IDs, will they change? A: No, don’t worry they remain the same.
- Q: Can I go on production without any testing? A:We give you a free-of-charge integration review, or even a Certification of your integration. Once you have completed either of these, we promote your account to production access. Please also check point 13 in Quick Start Guide.
- Q: What about MTS? A: If you are an existing MTS customer on our legacy feed you also have to migrate to Unified Odds Feed. After that, your Unified Odds Feed integration will be connected with the MTS system. You have to change market IDs and adjust the format of the event IDs and complete a UOF certification. If you are a new customer then you also first integrate UOF and then with the MTS system.
- Q: We are operating via a Legacy Feed integrated platform, do I need to worry? A: Please make sure this platform is integrating the UOF or plans to do so before the decommission date. When we switch off the Legacy Feed this will also disconnect platforms on the Legacy Feed from all our odds services.
In case you find some of your questions still unanswered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you and also add your question to this list.